Your chef at the Dent du Chat restaurant in Aix-les-Bains
Come and taste the chef’s wonderful cooking at Villa Marlioz
Our chef, Sofiane Boumati, has been titillating your taste buds in his restaurant in Aix-les-Bains since 2011! Make your stay at Villa Marlioz extra special with a touch of gourmet cuisine that is light and full of flavour.
Sofiane gives a new twist and a pinch of exoticism to his cooking, with a focus on fresh, quality products. His dishes reveal his origins in Kabyle together with his penchant for Asian cuisine, and you can also enjoy discovering the products of the Savoie terroir and nearby Italy. Sofiane serves up tasty dishes with rich and varied scents that combine ginger, lemon thyme, soya, fleur de sel and paprika.
Vacances Bleues steamer baskets
Our chef prepares some great steam cooking for his guests to help them extend the benefits of their wellness cure at Villa Marlioz. The main benefit of this type of cuisine is its low fat content, which is achieved via slow cooking: this preserves the vitamins and minerals in the ingredients.
Sofiane introduces a new steamer basket every day, based on Asian, mountain, exotic or holiday themes — just to show that steam cooking can be absolutely delicious! These small bamboo baskets contain seasonal vegetables, meat or fish, and a portion of carbohydrates.
Sofiane shares his special “Panier Terre-Mer” recipe:
Ingredients for four people:
- 4 large raw shrimps
- 4 thin slices of smoked bacon
- 2 small chicken cutlets
- 1 avocado
- 8 radishes
- 8 broccoli flowers
- 8 small potatoes
For the sauce:
- 30cl whipped single cream
- 1 bunch of chives
- ½ teaspoon curry
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Mill pepper
- Shell the shrimp tails.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces.
- Peel the small potatoes and cut them in two.
- Wash and remove the broccoli florets.
- Peel, pit and slice the avocado; pierce one shrimp, ½ slice of bacon and small pieces of chicken on 8 bamboo mini-sticks.
- Spread out the small skewers and vegetables in the steam basket.
- Place the basket in a saucepan with a small amount of water and bring to the boil.
- Bring the whipped single cream to a simmer with the curry, chives and salt.
- Add the filet of lemon juice and set aside.
- Take the basket out of the pan.
- Serve the mini brochettes and vegetables topped with the creamy sauce.